Hello and welcome to TFB Weekly Amazon Deals 32! Accuracy and precision are often foremost in our heads as gun owners and for years, firearms owners have put a lot of time, effort, and money into getting every edge they can when it comes to their own personal favorite shooting sport. Shooting bags aren’t anything new but there are more options out there now than there have ever been and not every shooting bag is created equally. While one of my favorite shooting bags, the Armageddon Gear Game Changer, often goes for north of $100, there are some other less expensive bags out there that can do similar work if you’re not keen on spending an entire Benjamin on one of these innocuous but vital tools for hunting and other precision shooting sports. Today we’ll be taking a look at some of the best budget shooting bags on Amazon that are on sale now.
Don’t forget that you can still help support 2nd Amendment efforts with your Amazon purchases by using Amazon Smile. Simply search for your preferred 2nd Amendment or other charity and part of your purchase will go towards supporting that specific charity. Organizations like the FPC Action Foundation will receive a portion of your purchase to help support their efforts.
Previous TFB Weekly Amazon Deals:
TFB Weekly Amazon Deals 32: The Best Budget Shooting Bags
The OneTigris shooting rest bag is a small, lightweight, and compact pre-filled shooting bag that can be deployed in a number of ways depending on the situation. The small bag can be used in either the horizontal or vertical direction to give yourself a more stabilized change in elevation when shooting from a prone position or off of a table or barrier. The OneTigris bag is constructed from USA-made 500D Cordura and features a velcro handle for easy carrying and deployment.
- Extremely affordable
- Constructed from US-made materials
- Pre-filled so it’s ready to go right out of the box
- The shape makes it less effective at shooting from fence posts or cattle gates
- No accommodation for adding or removing any of the pre-filled sand
- Does not work as a squeeze bag (the bag is reportedly packed extremely tight)
Caldwell’s Tack Driver X Bag provides a stable shooting position, no matter the situation. The non-absorbent plastic pellet filling can be customized for any shooters preference by pouring out the media for a looser fill. Tack Driver X shooting bags feature a durable construction, enhancing shooting stability for the long-term.
The Tack Driver X bag would be a great place to start if you’re looking for a durable and extremely versatile precision rifle shooting bag. I’ve used the standard version of this bag (8″x8″x8″) and while it doesn’t offer any way of increasing or reducing the amount of stuffing inside of the bag, the design still lends itself well to minor adjustments that will still keep your rifle in a more stabilized position.
- X shape design allows it to be used on virtually any flat, oblong, curved, narrow, or sloped surface
- Works well as a rear bag
- Design allows the shooter to somewhat move the rifle while still keeping it stabilized
- Comes in three sizes: Mini, Standard, and Prop
- Rubberized bottom makes this bag great for shooting off of plastic or concrete tables.
- Unable to be unfilled or refilled
- Carry handle is a little too tight for my preferences and it is somewhat hard to get your hand in there to pick it up
- Standard and Large-sized tack drivers are too large to be squeezed with one hand for a more stable platform
This shooting bag might not find itself at any PRS matches, but for those who want a simple, affordable, and high-quality solution, this one is it. The Hyskore leather rest bag is made from 100% top grain leather, features suede bottom grips, zippered fill ports so you can adjust the density of the bag, and comes factory filled with non-reactive plastic pellets. While the non-reactive pellets are a nice add-on for those who don’t mind that material, I’d much prefer regular old play sand for its increased weight and better shaping properties.
- The dedicated design makes for a comfortable shooting rest from a bench, table or another flat surface
- Made from genuine leather
- Zippered fill ports for adding or subtracting fill material.
- Filler material, while nice, isn’t the best material that can be used for shooting bags
- Not suitable for any type of action shooting
- Design doesn’t lend itself well to shooting from fences, car doors, or uneven surfaces
The Lyman Match shooting bag combines some of the characteristics of the previous two bags but uses a completely different design. The bag is made from heavy-duty 600D nylon with micro-suede padding on all the parts that would typically touch your rifle and it also features a rubberized non-slip base for better adherence to smooth or slippery surfaces. The bag comes pre-filled with a similar ground plastic media to the Hyskore bag which makes it lightweight and ready to use right out of the box.
- Design makes the bag easy to use on almost any surface similar to the Caldwell Tack Driver X
- Suede contact points won’t damage the finish of your rifle
- Included tension strap allows you to change the height of the bag on the fly
- Comes with a shoulder strap for hands-free carrying
- Normal MSRP is close to $50
- Exterior material is not mold-resistant
- No accommodation for adding or subtracting fill media
That’s all we’ve got for this week’s TFB Weekly Amazon Deals! Please let us know down in the comments if you like any of the bags listed above or what your current favorite shooting bag is! Thanks as always for reading TFB.