Ruger‘s most famous firearm in their storied line-up is without a doubt the 10/22. They offer an extensive line of nearly every stock, barrel contour and finish imaginable. The Ruger 10/22 is so popular that multiple high-end, custom shops have sprung up that tailor specifically to this rifle. Now, in a somewhat surprising move Ruger is offering a near custom shop quality rimfire rifle of their own. The new 10/22 Target Lite has the appearance straight out of a rimfire shooter’s dream.
This rifle boasts a threaded barrel for silencer lovers, a target thumbhole stock and lots of internal quality to back up the exterior attractiveness. The complete specification list as provided by Ruger can be viewed below:
- Adjustable Length-of-Pull Laminate Stock w/ Thumbhole
- BX-Trigger™ w/ Light, Crisp 2.5 – 3 Lbs Trigger Pull Weight w/ Minimal Over-Travel & a Positive Reset
- Detachable 10-Round Rotary Magazine
- Legendary Action – a Tried & True Ruger Design – ensures Consistent, Reliable Performance
- 16.13” Cold Hammer-Forged Barrel tensioned in Aluminum Alloy Barrel Sleeve features a ½” – 28 T.P.I. Muzzle & is fitted w/ a Thread Cap which can be removed to allow for the use of Muzzle Accessories
- Positive, Push-Button, Cross-Bolt Manual Safety
- Scope Mount for both Weaver-style & .22 Tip-Off Scope Rings included
- Easy-to-Use, Extended Magazine Release provides Smooth, No-Fuss removal of Magazine
- Heat-Stabilized, Glass-Filled, Polymer Trigger Housing Assembly is precision made of High-Tech Material for improved Manufacturing Tolerances, Impact & Abrasion-Resistance & an Unmatched Ability to withstand the Elements
- Red & Black Laminate Stock w/ Thumbhole
- Twist Rate: 1 in 16” Right-Hand, 6-Groove Rifling
- Overall Weight: 5 Lbs.
- Overall Length: 35.25”
- MSRP: $649
This rifle looks like something you would custom order, but it is now a factory configured model for anyone that is interested. At a price point of $649, it is slightly higher in price than some of their other high-quality, heavy barrel variants placing it within an understandable ballpark of price.
Ruger provided a short overview for potential customers on the NEW 10/22 Target Lite for those that may be in need of a change of pace in their rimfire game:
The new 10/22® target Lite is a top of the line offering from Ruger. Featuring the BX-Trigger™ with a light, crisp 2.5 – 3 pound trigger pull weight and a cold hammer-forged barrel tensioned in an aluminum alloy barrel sleeve, this new configuration is paired with a red and black laminate thumbhole stock, and should appeal to shooters looking for performance, reliability and style.
So now that you have seen the rifle, seen the features and seen the price… what do you think? Will you be toting this one to the range soon? Or aiming your sights at a more affordable model? Let us know in the comments below! We always appreciate your feedback!