I’ve said it many times before, but for me, cleaning guns went from being a peaceful Sunday afternoon to being an absolute chore in short order. Real Avid has been making great gun cleaning tools and accessories for some time now and has recently come out with their Foul-Out Gunk Blaster for cleaning and degreasing your firearm actions.
Real Avid Introduces The Foul-Out Gunk Blaster Cleaner/Degreaser
Foul-Out Gunk Blaster blows away grease and grime fast. This powerful gun- metal grade solvent quickly strips gun actions of burnt powder, oil and grease, eliminating malfunctions of moving parts due to fouling and build up. Quickly cleans chambers, actions, trigger groups, bolt groups, slides, choke tube threading, semi-auto gas ports, extractors, ejectors and other hard to reach areas.
CLEAN ACTIONS FASTER
Foul-Out’s polymer safe gun-metal grade solvent quickly strips gun actions clean of grime, burnt powder, oil & grease.
- Blasts away grease & grime quickly
- Fast evaporating
- Eliminates most malfunctions of moving parts caused by foulingand grime build-up.
- For best results, remove the bottom action/ trigger assembly before application. Position firearm to allow solvent and gunk to flush out of the chamber. Use short blasts to pin-point clean inside the action.
- Quickly cleans chambers, actions, trigger groups, bolt groups, slides, choke tube threading, semi-auto gas ports, extractors, ejectors and other hard to reach areas.
- Air dry for 2 minutes and then apply thin coat of Gun-Max Gun Oil to metal surfaces to protect against rust & wear.
- Two position nozzle straw: SPRAY & BLAST (an industry first flip up nozzle provides pin-point chemical application with nozzle in the “up” position; the “down” position provides a wider spray and safely stores the straw when not in use)
If the real-world performance matches what Real Avid is posting on their website, then I’d be very interested in giving this stuff a try. I have used non-chlorinated brake cleaner on some of my guns before when I go in for deep cleaning but this stuff might be better suited to the job. A single 12 oz can of Foul-Out Gunk Blaster costs $13 and can be ordered directly from Real Avid.
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.