Heckler & Koch have introduced a new competition pistol, the HK SFP9 Match OR, in Europe. The latest member of the SFP9 family is optics ready and features a 5.5″ match barrel, scalloped slide and a 20 round magazine.
Heckler & Koch describe the pistol [machine translated from German]: “SFP9 MATCH OR – The alpha animal in 9x19mm for the ambitious sport shooter with a penchant for precision and perfection. Regardless of whether under static or dynamic competition conditions: it’s a match.”
Here are the features of the SFP9 Match OR:
- Sports trigger with integrated fall protection. Trigger weight: 15 + 4N
- OR interface
- 5.5 “HK precision tube
- O-ring for minimizing running play and promoting precision
- Interchangeable grip shells & backstraps. Over 25 individual customization options
- Patented, interchangeable loading aids
- Paddle or push button magazine release
- Cocking indicator for firing pin on the back of the bolt
- Low hand position enables quick, precise follow-up shots
- Can be operated from both sides for right-handed and left-handed shooters (magazine and bolt release lever)
- Optimal grip ergonomics
- Tool-free disassembly into main assemblies
- Chamber / charge indicator
- Magazine funnel
- 20 round magazine
HK’s site says there are adapter plates available for Docter Sight III, Meopta Meosight III, Insight MRDS, Burris Fastfire 2/3, Trijicon RMR, C-More STS2, Leupold Deltapoint, Vortex Viper / Venom.
HK also shared the pistol’s specs on their site:
Magazine capacity: 20 rounds
Trigger system: SA (single action)
Magazine release: Paddle or push button
Length: 227mm / 8.9in
Width: 43.5mm / 1.7in
Height: 163mm / 6.4in
Barrel Length: 140mm / 5.5in
Sight radius: 195mm / 7.6in
Weight with magazine: 813g / 1.8lbs
Trigger force: 15 + 4 N
Trigger travel: 6mm / 0.2in
Return travel: 3mm / 0.1in
You can find out more about the SFP9 Match OR over on Heckler & Koch’s German website here. Perhaps before too long, we’ll see the SFP9 Match OR also available in the US. Let us know in the comments below what you think of HK’s latest competition offering.
Matt is a British historian specialising in small arms development and military history. He has written several books and for a variety of publications in both the US and UK. He also runs Historical Firearms, a blog that explores the history, development and use of firearms. Matt is also co-founder of The Armourer’s Bench, a video series on historically significant small arms.
Here on TFB he covers product and current military small arms news.
Reach Matt at: [email protected]