This article was originally posted on Thefirearmblog.com
Bergara has a new line of rifles for 2018. Their B-14 series has been widely popular and last year they introduced some precision models along with 6.5 Creedmoor. Well this year they are upping the ante and making a Premier line of HMR rifles.
All their Premier series rifles are made State side in Lawrenceville, GA. Each Premier rifle will be individually tested and documented. They will come with a test sheet like you see below.
Their HMR Pro is a deluxe version of the HMR. It features a stainless steel barrel, action and bolt. The bolt is fluted with a non rotating gas shield. Their trigger is adjustable to under 2 lbs. Below is their Premier Approach rifle with a Grayboe stock and threaded barrel.
The Approach rifle starts at $1960.
• Weight: 8.55 lbs (.223 Rem, .308 Win), 8.75 lbs (.22-250 Rem, 6.5 CM), 8.85 lbs (6mm CM)
• Magazine/Capacity: 5 Round AICS Style Magazine
• Trigger: TriggerTech Frictionless Release Technology
• Barrel Length: 20” (.223 Rem, .308 Win), 24” (.22-250 Rem, 6.5 CM), 26” (6mm CM)
• Barrel Taper: #5
• Muzzle: Threaded 5/8-24” with knurled thread protector
• Stock: Hand laid fiberglass
• Scope Mount: Fits Remington 700 bases with 8 X 40 screws
• Integrated QD flush cup sling mounts and swivel mounts
• Action: Bergara Premier
CALIBER/TWIST: .223 REM/1:8, .22-250 REM/1:9, 6MM CREEDMOOR/1:8, 6.5 CREEDMOOR/1:8, .308 WIN/1:10
Bergara will have short and long action Premier rifles. They are introducing .300 Win Mag in the HMR series.
Their Ridge rifle has been updated with a heavy contour #5 taper barrel so it is now threaded. Their previous Ridge rifles had a narrower barrel which made threading them difficult. The diameter is crucial to have a proper shoulder for the threads.
The (#5) Bergara 4140 CrMo steel barrel is finished in matte blue and is available in 22 inches, which weighs 7.9 lbs and 24 inches, which weighs 8.1 lbs. Our stocks are bedded with integral pillars for stability and enhanced accuracy. The barrel is threaded 5/8×24 to accept muzzle brakes or suppressors.
- .300 Win. Mag./1:10
- 6.5 Creedmoor/1:08
- 7mm Rem. Mag./1:9.5
- .22-250 Remington 1:09