This article was originally posted on Thefirearmblog.com
Ruger has taken their wildly popular centerfire rifle, the Ruger Precision Rifle or RPR, and adapted it for small-bore enthusiasts with the newly unveiled Ruger Precision Rimfire chambered in .22 Long Rifle. This iteration of its bigger brother touches on many of the features that draw shooters to the Precision rifle.
You have the fit and modularity of their Quick-Fit Precision Rimfire Adjustable stock that can customize the length of pull and comb height to fit any sized shooter. It also has the Ruger Marksman Adjustable trigger that you can tune anywhere from 2 1/4 Lbs up to 5 Lbs if you so desire with a wrench hidden in a buttstock compartment.
Ruger expanded upon the Ruger Precision Rimfire and what it can mean for consumers tempted with opening their wallets on this rimfire rifle:
Bringing the big-gun experience to the rimfire world, the Ruger Precision™ Rimfire is a scaled version of the Ruger Precision Rifle® and maintains the same ergonomics, trigger and manual of arms as the larger centerfire rifle. This rifle is the ideal rimfire trainer and the go-to rifle for your next rimfire match.
The Ruger Precision Rimfire will begin shipping in two configurations. The standard model (Ruger #8400) will come with one BX-15 magazine (15 Round capacity). The secondary configuration (Ruger #8401) will have two BX-1 magazines (10 Round capacity). Same rifle, but shipping with different magazines.
Both models retail out at $529 for an MSRP making them extremely affordable in comparison to its centerfire counterpart or other precision rimfire rifles.
The complete specifications in detail as written by Ruger can be read below:
- Molded, 1-Piece Chassis & Adjustable Buttstock Assembly are manufactured w/ Glass-Filled Nylon for Strength, Stiffness & Stability, making a Solid Foundation for accuracy each & every shot. Adjustable Buttstock features a Flat Picatinny Bag Rider making it easy to affix a Rear Monopod. A Molded-In Window provides a tether point for your Squeeze bag & a Metal QD Pocket makes it easy to secure a Sling
- Quick-Fit Adjustable Precision Rimfire stock allows Length-of-Pull & Comb Height to be quickly & easily adjusted to get proper fit over a wide range of Shooter Sizes, Outerwear & Shooting Positions. Indicating Marks molded into the Chassis help you quickly return to a Previous Position
- Big-Gun Bolt Throw Adjustment enables shooters to change from a Rimfire 1-1/2” Bolt Throw to a Short-Action Centerfire 3” Bolt Throw, reducing the chance of Short-Stroking your Bolt in Competition
- Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ Trigger has a pull weight range of 2.25 Lbs – 5.0 Lbs; Adjusting Wrench is stored in a Buttstock Compartment
- Ruger’s own AR-Pattern Pistol Grip & Safety Selector incorporates an Extended Reach for Maximum Control & Access to the 45-Degree, Reversible Safety Selector. May be configured w/ most AR-style Grips & Selectors
- Anodized Picatinny Scope Base includes 30 MOA Elevation for increased Long-Range Capabilities out-of-the-box
- Oversized Bolt Handle for Positive Bolt Manipulation (same as the Ruger Precision Rifle®)
- 15″ Free-Float M-LOK® Handguard is made of Hard Black Anodized Aluminum & features M-LOK® slots on all four sides for Improved Scope Clearance & Easy Mounting of M-LOK® Compatible Rails & Accessories.
- 18″ Target Barrel is Cold Hammer-Forged from 4140 Alloy Steel to create Ultra Precise Rifling for Excellent Accuracy. Barrels can be replaced easily by a Competent Gunsmith using AR-Style Wrenches & Headspace Gauges
- Threaded Barrel (1/2″-28) for Standard Muzzle Sccessories, like the Silent-SR® Suppressor, comes w/ a Factory-Installed Thread Protector covering both the Threads & Crown
- Accepts all 10/22® Magazines
Like it was stated previously, with the MSRPs of the Ruger Precision Rimfire models set at $529, we should hopefully see street prices of the mid-$400 range. Also, with the unveiling of this new rifle so close to SHOT Show it would be extremely impressive to see any of these out in the wild before then. Understandably so, they should flood retailer shelves after SHOT Show concludes the 3rd week of January.