This article was originally posted on Thefirearmblog.com
As a professional (fine, amateur) It is important to realize and understand your limitations. For example, as someone who is inexperienced in long range shooting, I can explain minute of angle (MOA) to the uninitiated using a ruler and a crayon, but that’s the extent of my abilities. As such, I will announce the newest release from Christensen Arms – The Modern Precision Rifle – in terms of objective facts instead of using creative commentary.
The MPR is a rifle. It can be chambered in .308Win and 6.5 Creedmoor. The rifle weighs less than seven pounds and includes an adjustable folding stock. And evidently it can be carried on a backpack.
In all honesty, the Modern Precision Rifle from Christensen Arms appears to have a deep feature set at an affordable price. Actual details and specifications can be found below.
Christensen Arms – Modern Precision Rifle – MSRP $2,299.00
The Christensen Arms Modern Precision Rifle is the next-generation chassis system. Developed with a 100% proprietary chassis and weighing less than 7lbs (16” .308), the Modern Precision Rifle is built to tackle your next big adventure.
BARREL – UNIQUE FEATURES
- Christensen Arms 416R Stainless Steel Aerograde Carbon Fiber Wrapped Barrel
- Target Profile
- Adjustable Stainless Side Baffle Brake (Removable) – Black Nitride Finish
ACTION – UNIQUE FEATURES
- Christensen Arms Stainless Steel Receiver
- Remington® 700 optics base compatible
- Black Nitride Finish
- Match-Grade “Flat” Trigger
- Oversized Fluted Bolt Knob
- Skeletonized Bolt Handle
- AICS-Compatible Detachable Magazine
- Tactical Mag Release
- Included 20MOA Rail
CHASSIS – UNIQUE FEATURES
- Christensen Arms 7075 Billet Aluminum Chassis
- Black Hardcoat Anodized
- 14″ or 17″ Carbon Fiber Handguard with M-Lok™
- Adjustable Carbon Fiber Cheek Riser (1″ adjustment)
- Adjustable Length of Pull (12.5″-14.5″)
- Folding Stock with Locking Hinge and Magnelock™ Technology
- 6 Q/D Flushcup Mounts
- V-Block Bedding
- Standard AR Grip Compatible
- Monopod Picatinny Mount Ready