This article was originally posted on Thefirearmblog.com
If you love your Nighthawk Custom 9mm 1911, but loathe the fact that it has such little capacity… they have a remedy for you! You can now send in your 1911 to their Custom Shop and they can convert your Single-Stack 1911 to a Double-Stack as an upgrade option.
The price for this overhaul no matter what Nighthawk pistol you currently own is set at $650. Nighthawk made this encompassing statement about their latest Custom Shop service:
Nighthawk Custom is now offering a double stack configuration as an upgrade option for all government model 9mm guns we make. If you have always loved the slick lines of the 1911 platform but limited capacity held you back, here is your chance to get the best of both worlds. We are pleased to say that after over two years of development, we have created a double stack worthy of putting the Nighthawk Custom name on. Regardless of model, this upgrade will be priced at $650.
So when you send in your baby, the love of your life (not your 1st born child; your 1911), what exactly are you getting?… Here are the specs for this new upgrade.
- Made from 7075 Aluminum
- 0.140” Diameter Flat-Mill Texturing
- Texture & Profile Matched Mainspring Housing for 360 Degree Gripping Surface
- Integrated Magwell accepts most aftermarket Base Pads
- Square, High-Cut Trigger Guard
- Bottom Front Strap Scalloped for Grip Retention
- Recon Rail for Accessories
- Single Piece Grip for smaller circumference
Finally, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but for our California relatives, this is not a compliant upgrade for you guys.