This article was originally posted on Thefirearmblog.com
Century Arms has achieved a lot of adulation for their C39V2 AK-47 rifle. Now they are ushering this into the world of pistols with the introduction of the C39V2 Pistol with a Shockwave Blade. The stout power and compact package that this will provide for AK enthusiasts makes it perfect as a truck gun, for home defense, rogue zombies or just general range fun.
This rifle has a laundry list of features and it is best if I allow Century Arms to describe everything in their own words.
- 1:10 Twist, Concentric LH 14×1 Metric Thread & Ready for a Variety of Muzzle Attachments
- Chrome Moly 4150 Nitride Treated Barrel
- Milled 4140 Ordnance Quality Steel Receiver
- RAK-1 Enhanced Trigger Group
- Larger T-Shaped Magazine Catch
- Compatibility w/ AKM Furniture
- Standard AKM sights
- Retaining plate
- Bolt Hold-Open Notch on the Safety Selector
- Front Sight Gas Block & Bird Cage Style Flash Hider
- Bolt Carrier Tail Heat Treated to ensure Maximum Performance & Life
- Accepts all Standard AK Magazines
- Ambidextrous QD Attachment Points for Attaching a Tactical Sling
- Comes w/ One 30 Round Magazine
- Magpul MOE AK Pistol Grip & MOE AK Handguard
- 100% AMERICAN MADE
This pistol has a lot of great attributes, but at the top of the list (or the bottom in the case of this article) is the fact that it is 100% American Made. Another great trait is this pistol has the 1st AK side scope rail mount to offer a return to zero capability. It also offers four times clamping improvement over traditional side scope rail mounts and improves sight acquisition for follow-up shots according to Century Arms. All great improvements over former mounts which can often be suspect at best.
The barrel length of this pistol is 10.6″, collapsed length 28.75″ and an extended length of 31.25″. The weight of this Shockwave Blade pistol unloaded comes in at 7.6 pounds. The C39V2 Pistol with a Shovckwave Blade has an MSRP of $949, and should be available to order through dealers if not already in stock.