This article was originally posted on Thefirearmblog.com
After the M-LOK attachment system got the official nod from the U.S Military earlier this year, the writing was on the wall for Key-Mod. Sure, some users held fast to a system that was effectively at end-of-life, but discounts, sales and discontinued products popped up overnight. One of the longest holdouts of adding M-LOK to their lineup, BCM, now has their popular handguards outfitted with the new .MIL standard.
I won’t waste you time beating up on poor Key-Mod, even though I think it is inferior in some ways. But it’s great to see the makers of some of the best handguards finally make the move to M-LOK. Details, links and specifications are listed below
BCM MCMR WITH MLOK (specs for 15”) – MSRP ~$175-200
Featuring the same industry leading barrel nut and lock up design as originally introduced on BCM’s evolutionary KMR handguard, the MCMR Series of handguards gives the shooter modularity in the M-LOK® platform.
This proprietary patented mounting system (US Patent 8904691), includes a mechanical index to the 12:00 rail and positions mounting hardware to mitigate the movement caused by heat generated by the weapon system.
- MCMR features M-LOK® Compatible mounting system.
- Free Float Handguard eliminates loads from barrel, reducing the deflection for more accurate shooting.
- Precision Machined Aerospace 6061-T6 Aluminum Alloy, for high strength and lightweight.
- Proprietary engineered profile offers additional cross sectional strength.
- Steel Barrel Nut (same KMR, MMR, and QRF series), to resist movement under heat.
- Hard Coat Anodized per Mil-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2
- Handguard alone weighs 9.2 oz
- Handguard mounting hardware 2.3 oz
- Includes BCM® M-LOK® Compatible Sling Mount, (FREE for a limited time)
- 1.3” Inside Diameter
- 1.5″ Wide
- Designed to be used with Mil-Spec M16 rifle length gas, mid length, or carbine gas systems; all with a low profile gas block.
- The barrel nut will fit over all mil-spec diameter barrels (max of 1″)